Interested in submitting to this journal? We recommend that you review the About the Journal page for the journal's section policies, as well as the Author Guidelines. Authors need to register with the journal prior to submitting or, if already registered, can simply log in and begin the five-step process. Please before paper submission, study the following information:
1- Article processing
All submitted articles are subjected to a blind peer-review process. In the initial review, it is ensured that the similarity-index of the submitted article is below 12% as per the Journal of Environmental Treatment Techniques (JETT) policy. Upon preliminary evaluation by the Editorial Board, the papers are sent to two or more referees (experts in respective fields) for evaluation. After the reviewers have submitted their comments you will be contacted by an editor regarding acceptance, provisional acceptance, or rejection of a manuscript. The decision of the Editor-in-Chief to publish a paper in concurrence with referee(s) opinion is considered final. There are two processes to review the articles: regular publication process and fast publication process. In the regular publication process, the manuscripts are sent for volunteer reviewers. Since the journal does not pay to the reviewers in this mode, the review process takes between 8 and 16 weeks. There is no publication fee for the regular publication process. In the fast publication process, the manuscripts are sent to many highly ranked reviewers. The journal pays a part of the publication fee to the reviewers to finish the review process within a reasonable period of time. Therefore, the manuscripts are fastly reviewed (less than 5 weeks) and they are fastly made online if they are accepted. Submission of an article under the fast publication process cannot guarantee the acceptance of the paper. Also, the accepted papers in the fast publication process will be fastly made online after acceptance. The papers that have been made online will be published in the first available issue (this may take from 1 to 6 months). There is a publication fee for accepted manuscripts under the fast publication process (200 USD). The publication fee should be pay after accepting the manuscript. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need any further information.
2- Frequency of publication
JETT is published as a quarterly journal with 4 issues per year. Special editions are also planned subjected to the scope and need. Currently, JETT is also publishing peer-reviewed papers of International and National level conferences conducted by various research and academic institutions.
3- Submission of articles
Authors are invited to submit papers through (Online Submission system). Please send your requests for a fast publication process or having a special issue via e-mail (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org). Submissions must be original and should not have been published previously or be under consideration for publication while being evaluated for this journal. The paper must be in JETT format. Download Manuscript Template. Please follow these comments for manuscript preparation:
(1) Full name of the authors should be added to the manuscript. Please do not use the short form of the author name such as M.R. Salehikar.
(2) Pages should be numbered consecutively. The full title of the paper should be followed by the full name of all authors, the names and addresses of their institutions. The telephone, fax, and email address of the corresponding author should be added to the manuscript.
(3) The figures should be placed in the text. Figures should be clear and the lettering legible and proportional to the size of the figure so that reduction is possible if necessary. Figures will appear in color online and in the final PDF once the paper has been accepted.
(4) Figures, photos, illustrations, and graphs should be referred to in the text as figures and numbered consecutively throughout the paper by Arabic numerals.
(5) The Abstract of the manuscript should not exceed 250 words and must be structured into separate sections: Introduction, the context, and purpose of the study; Materials and methods, the research methods and main objectives; Results, the main findings; Conclusions, brief summary, and potential implications. Please minimize the use of abbreviations and do not cite references in the abstract.
(6) Tables should be cited in numerical order in the text using Arabic numbers. The table headings should be as follows: Table 1, 2, 3. Each table should have a descriptive title.
(7) We are pleased to receive papers from all regions of the world where English is not the native language. Please ensure that your paper is well presented in logical and good English. If necessary, please have your paper edited by a colleague who is a native speaker before you submit it. A clear and concise language will help editors and reviewers concentrate on the scientific content of your paper and thus help in the peer-review process.
(8) References must be identified by Arabic numerals (e.g. 1, 2, etc.), numbered consecutively in the order in which they are first mentioned in the text (between square brackets), and listed at the end of the paper. Writing references as an Endnote file will be considered an advantage when submitting a manuscript. Journal of Environmental Treatment Techniques accepts references based on a Vancouver style. Please download the journal Endnote style from here. Also, DOI must be added to each reference. Following a sample of references style can be found if you do not like to use Endnote: (Talaiekhozani, A., et al., Investigation of formaldehyde removal from synthetic contaminated air by using human hair. Environmental Health Engineering and Management Journal, 2016. 3(4): p. 191-196. DOI: 10.15171/EHEM.2016.19).
(9) Manuscript must be written by the font of "Time New Roman" and font size of 9 pt. Please download the Manuscript Template and use it to prepare your manuscript.
(10) The manuscript must have a "conflict of interest statement" section.
(11) Accepted File format for a manuscript is Microsoft Word (doc or docx).
(12) SI units should be used throughout (liter and molar are permitted, however).
(13) The Introduction section should reflect the background of the study, novelty, and the main objectives of the study.
(14) The materials and methods section should include the design of the study, the type of materials involved, a clear description of all comparisons, and the type of analysis used, to enable replication.
(15) The Results and discussion may be combined into a single section or presented separately. The Results and discussion sections may also be broken into subsections with short, informative headings.
(16) Conclusion section should state clearly the main conclusions of the research.
(17) The financial resources of the study should be mentioned.
(18) Competing interests should be clearly addressed.
(19) Authors' contributions are an optional part of the manuscript that shows the role of each author.
(20) Acknowledgements are a mandatory section. Please acknowledge anyone who contributed towards the article by making substantial contributions to conception, design, acquisition of data, or analysis and interpretation of data, or who was involved in drafting the manuscript or revising it critically for important intellectual content, but who do not meet the criteria for authorship.
(21) Ethical considerations are mandatory section. The following statements should be inserted: “Ethical issues (Including plagiarism, Informed Consent, misconduct, data fabrication and/or falsification, double publication and/or submission, redundancy, etc) have been completely observed by the authors.”
(22) A list of potential reviewers containing full name, e-mail address, and affiliation must be provided in MS Word or PDF format. This file must be uploaded with the main manuscript. Please select the label of "suggested reviewers" for this file.
Authors are also instructed to submit the copyright transfer form once the article is accepted for publication, without which the articles will not be processed. The author can download the copyright transfer form, the duly filled form should be submitted to email@example.com. Please Download Copyright Form. The facts and views in the article will be of the authors and they will be totally responsible for authenticity, validity, and originality, etc. The authors should give an undertaking while submitting the paper that the manuscripts submitted to the journal have not been published and have not been simultaneously submitted or published elsewhere and manuscripts are their original work. That if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
5- Publication Ethic
Based on the Journal of Environmental Treatment Techniques policy the submitted manuscripts must be original. It means that the articles should not be submitted to other journals. Also, the sentences used to write the manuscripts cannot be copied from other published or unpublished articles. If we find a plagiarism case, the authors will be added to the blacklist of the Dorma Journals Publishers; therefore, these authors will not be able to publish articles in all the journals of Dorma Journals Publisher.
5-2- Duplicate Submission
If the journal finds that the manuscript has neeb submitted or published elsewhere the manuscript will be rejected and the manuscript's authors will be added to the publisher's blacklist. If the authors used their data of published article(s) or article(s) that are under review to write a new manuscript, they must be properly cited and shown that what is its novelty exactly.
5-3- Citation Manipulation
If the author(s) cite some unnecessary references to increase the number of a particular author(s) or journal(s) citations, it can be a citation manipulation infraction. In this case, the author(s) will be added to the publisher blacklist.
5-4- Data Fabrication and Falsification
If we find that a manuscript has been written based on the falsified or fabricated experimental data, including the manipulation of images, the author(s) will be added to the publisher blacklist.
5-5- Improper Author Contribution or Attribution
All the authors listed in a manuscript must have a significant scientific contribution to the study from the aidiation to the manuscript writing. It is necessary to add everyone who has had a significant scientific contribution to the manuscript.
The following punishments will be used when one of the above-mentioned violations is found in a submitted manuscript.
- The manuscript will be immediately rejected.
- The author(s) will be added to the blacklist of the publisher. Its means that the authors(s) will not able to submit any new manuscript to all the publisher journals. This punishment will be continued at least for 36 months.
If the author(s) committed one of the above-mentioned violations in an egregious form, the publisher, the journal reserves the right to impose additional punishments beyond those described above.
5-7- Research involving human participants and/or animals
5-7-1- Statement of Human Rights
All the manuscripts that have been studied on the human participants, must have a statement to show that the methodology of the study has been approved by a suitable university, institutional, and/or national research ethics committee. This statement illustrates that all of the experiments, interviews, and/or data collections have been done based on the ethical standards as laid down in the 1964 Declaration of Helsinki and its later amendments or comparable ethical standards.
- If there is any doubt that the study has been conducted based on the Helsinki Declaration or equivalent standards, the author(s) must explain the reasons for the applied methodologies, and show that the independent ethics committee in an appropriate university or institute has reviewed their methodology and approved the doubtful aspects of the study.
- The ethical issue, competing interests, and authors’ contribution must be added in the text before the references section. A sample of each section can be found following:
- Ethical issue: Authors are aware of and comply with, best practices in publication ethics specifically with regard to authorship (avoidance of guest authorship), dual submission, manipulation of figures, competing interests, and compliance with policies on research ethics. Authors adhere to publication requirements that submitted work is original and has not been published elsewhere in any language. Also, all procedures performed in studies involving human participants were in accordance with the ethical standards of the institutional and/or national research committee and with the 1964 Helsinki declaration and its later amendments or comparable ethical standards. All procedures performed in studies involving animals were in accordance with the ethical standards of the institution or practice at which the studies were conducted.
- Competing interests: The authors declare that there is no conflict of interest that would prejudice the impartiality of this scientific work.
- Authors’ contribution: All authors of this study have a complete contribution for data collection, data analyses, and manuscript writing.
For retrospective studies, ethical approval: For this type of study formal consent is not required.
5-7-2- Statement on the Welfare of Animals
All the studies involved in the experiment on the animals must be based on the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals or other international, national, and/or institutional guidelines for the care and use of animals. Also, the research approval by a research ethics committee at the institution or practice at which the studies were conducted is mandatory.
- If the study involved in animals experiments, the below statement must be added to the ethical issue section which is located in the text before the references section: All methodology sued in this study involved the experiments on the animals were conducted based on the Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals or other international, national, and/or institutional guidelines for the care and use of animals.
- If the study has not contained the experiments on human participants or animals, the following statement should be added to the ethical issue section of the manuscript: This article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the authors.
The journal is used Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) guidelines for more complex situations. Several flowcharts have been designed by COPE to help editors follow COPE’s Core Practices and implement its advice when faced with cases of suspected misconduct (click here to find the COPE guidelines).
6- Fee of publication
Journal of Environmental Treatment Techniques is free of charge journal and there is no publication fee.
7- CC BY-NC-ND license
Journal of Environmental Treatment Techniques follows the CC BY-NC-ND license (for more information about this license please click here).