Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
1- Article processing
All submitted articles are subjected to a double-blind peer-review process. The review process may take approximately 3 to 6 weeks. In the initial review, it is ensured that the similarity-index of the submitted article is below 12% as per Advances in Applied NanoBio-Technologies (AANBT) policy. Upon preliminary evaluation by the Editorial Board, the papers are sent to two or more referees (experts in respective fields) for evaluation. After the reviewers have submitted their comments you will be contacted by an editor or AE regarding acceptance, provisional acceptance, or rejection of a manuscript. The decision of the Editor-in-Chief to publish a paper in concurrence with referee(s) opinion is considered final.
2- Frequency of publication
AANBT is published as a quarterly journal with 4 issues per year. Special editions are also planned subject to the scope and need. Currently, AANBT is also publishing peer-reviewed papers of International and National level conferences conducted by various research and academic institutions.
3- Submission of articles
Authors are invited to submit papers through (Online Submission system). Submissions must be original and should not have been published previously or be under consideration for publication while being evaluated for this journal. The paper must be in AANBT format. Download Manuscript Template. Also, the references style can be prepared by Endnote software (download the journal Endnode style). Please follow these comments for manuscript preparation:
(1) Full name of the authors should be added to the manuscript. Please do not use the short form of author name such as M.R. Salehikar.
(2) Pages should be numbered consecutively. The full title of the paper should be followed by the full name of all authors, the names and addresses of their institutions. The telephone, fax, and email address of the corresponding author should be added to the manuscript.
(3) The figures should be placed in the text. Figures should be clear and the lettering legible and proportional to the size of the figure so that reduction is possible if necessary. Figures will appear in color online and in the final PDF once the paper has been accepted.
(4) Figures, photos, illustrations, and graphs should be referred to in the text as figures and numbered consecutively throughout the paper by Arabic numerals.
(5) The Abstract of the manuscript should not exceed 250 words and must be structured into separate sections: Introduction, the context and purpose of the study; Materials and methods, the research methods and main objectives; Results, the main findings; Conclusions, brief summary, and potential implications. Please minimize the use of abbreviations and do not cite references in the abstract.
(6) Tables should be cited in numerical order in the text using Arabic numbers. The table headings should be as follows: Table 1, 2, 3. Each table should have a descriptive title.
(7) We are pleased to receive papers from all regions of the world where English is not the native language. Please ensure that your paper is well presented in a logic and good English. If necessary, please have your paper edited by a colleague who is a native speaker before you submit it. A clear and concise language will help editors and reviewers concentrate on the scientific content of your paper and thus help in the peer-review process.
(8) References must be identified by Arabic numerals (e.g. 1, 2, etc.), numbered consecutively in the order in which they are first mentioned in the text (between square brackets), and listed at the end of the paper. Writing references as an Endnote file will be considered as an advantage when submitting a manuscript. Journal of Environmental Treatment Techniques accepts references based on a Vancouver style. Please download the journal Endnote style from here. Following a sample of references style can be found if you do not like to use Endnote: (Talaiekhozani, A., et al., Investigation of formaldehyde removal from synthetic contaminated air by using human hair. Environmental Health Engineering and Management Journal, 2016. 3(4): p. 191-196).
(9) Manuscript must be written by the font of "Time New Roman" and font size of 9 pt. Please download Manuscript Template and use it to prepare your manuscript.
(10) The manuscript must have a "conflict of interest statement" section.
(11) Accepted File formats for a manuscript are Microsoft Word (doc, docx) or Rich text format (rtf).
(12) SI units should be used throughout (liter and molar are permitted, however).
(13) The Introduction section should reflect the background of the study, novelty, and the main objectives of the study.
(14) The materials and methods section should include the design of the study, the type of materials involved, a clear description of all comparisons, and the type of analysis used, to enable replication.
(15) The Results and discussion may be combined into a single section or presented separately. The Results and discussion sections may also be broken into subsections with short, informative headings.
(16) Conclusion section should state clearly the main conclusions of the research.
(17) The financial resources of the study should be mentioned.
(18) Competing interests should be clearly addressed.
(19) Authors' contributions are an optional part of the manuscript that shows the role of each author.
(20) Acknowledgements is a mandatory section. Please acknowledge anyone who contributed towards the article by making substantial contributions to conception, design, acquisition of data, or analysis and interpretation of data, or who was involved in drafting the manuscript or revising it critically for important intellectual content, but who do not meet the criteria for authorship.
(21) Ethical considerations are mandatory section. The following statements should be inserted: “Ethical issues (Including plagiarism, Informed Consent, misconduct, data fabrication and/or falsification, double publication and/or submission, redundancy, etc) have been completely observed by the authors.”
Authors are also instructed to submit the copyright transfer form once the article is accepted for publication, without which the articles will not be processed. The author can download the copyright transfer form, the duly filled form should be submitted to email@example.com. Please Download Copyright Form.
The facts and views in the article will be of the authors and they will be totally responsible for authenticity, validity, and originality, etc. The authors should give an undertaking while submitting the paper that the manuscripts submitted to the journal have not been published and have not been simultaneously submitted or published elsewhere and manuscripts are their original work. That if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher.
5- Publication Ethic
Based on the Journal of Environmental Treatment Techniques policy only original article (i.e., article which has neither been published elsewhere nor is under review elsewhere) can be published. Manuscripts that are found to have been plagiarized from a manuscript by other authors, whether published or unpublished, will incur plagiarism sanctions.
5-2- Duplicate Submission
Manuscripts that are found to have been published elsewhere, or to be under review elsewhere, will incur duplicate submission/publication sanctions. If authors have used their own previously published work or work that is currently under review, as the basis for a submitted manuscript, they are required to cite the previous work and indicate how their submitted manuscript offers novel contributions beyond those of the previous work.
5-3- Citation Manipulation
Submitted manuscripts that are found to include citations whose primary purpose is to increase the number of citations to a given author’s work, or to articles published in a particular journal, will incur citation manipulation sanctions.
5-4- Data Fabrication and Falsification
Submitted manuscripts that are found to have either fabricated or falsified experimental results, including the manipulation of images, will incur data fabrication and falsification sanctions.
5-5- Improper Author Contribution or Attribution
All listed authors must have made a significant scientific contribution to the research in the manuscript and approved all its claims. It is important to list everyone who made a significant scientific contribution, including students and laboratory technicians.
In the event that there are documented violations of any of the above-mentioned policies is found, the following sanctions will be applied:
- Immediate rejection of the infringing manuscript.
- Prohibition against all of the authors for any new submissions to Journal of Environmental treatment Techniques, either individually or in combination with other authors of the infringing manuscript, as well as in combination with any other authors. This prohibition will be imposed for a minimum of 36 months.
In cases where the violations of the above policies are found to be particularly egregious, the journal reserves the right to impose additional sanctions beyond those described above.
5-7- Research involving human participants and/or animals
5-7-1- Statement of Human Rights
When reporting studies that involve human participants, authors should include a statement that the studies have been approved by the appropriate institutional and/or national research ethics committee and have been performed in accordance with the ethical standards as laid down in the 1964 Declaration of Helsinki and its later amendments or comparable ethical standards.
- If doubt exists whether the research was conducted in accordance with the 1964 Helsinki Declaration or comparable standards, the authors must explain the reasons for their approach, and demonstrate that the independent ethics committee or institutional review board explicitly approved the doubtful aspects of the study.
- The following statements should be included in the text before the References section:
- Ethical approval: All procedures performed in studies involving human participants were in accordance with the ethical standards of the institutional and/or national research committee and with the 1964 Helsinki declaration and its later amendments or comparable ethical standards.
- For retrospective studies, Ethical approval: For this type of study formal consent is not required.
5-7-2- Statement on the Welfare of Animals
The welfare of animals used for research must be respected. When reporting experiments on animals, authors should indicate whether the international, national, and/or institutional guidelines for the care and use of animals have been followed and that the studies have been approved by a research ethics committee at the institution or practice at which the studies were conducted (where such a committee exists).
- For studies with animals, the following statement should be included in the text before the References section:
- Ethical approval: All applicable international, national, and/or institutional guidelines for the care and use of animals were followed.
- If applicable (where such a committee exists) Ethical approval: All procedures performed in studies involving animals were in accordance with the ethical standards of the institution or practice at which the studies were conducted.
- If articles do not contain studies with human participants or animals by any of the authors, please select one of the following statements:
- Ethical approval: This article does not contain any studies with human participants performed by any of the authors.
- Ethical approval: This article does not contain any studies with animals performed by any of the authors.
- Ethical approval: This article does not contain any studies with human participants or animals performed by any of the authors
6- Fee of publication
Advances in Applied NanoBio-Technologies is a free-of-charge journal and there is no publication fee.
7- CC BY license
Advances in Applied NanoBio-Technologies follow the CC BY license. This license lets others distribute, remix, tweak, and build upon your work, even commercially, as long as they credit you for the original creation. This is the most accommodating of licenses offered. Recommended for maximum dissemination and use of licensed materials.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.